Delirium – Brewery Huyghe

Beers from Delirium – Brewery Huyghe currently at the Mayor:

Brewery Description

Ever since 1654 there has undoubtedly been some kind of brewing activity in the “Appelhoek” in Melle.Ever since 1654 there has undoubtedly been some kind of brewing activity in the “Appelhoek” in Melle.

In 1902, Léon Huyghe settled in MelleIn 1902, Léon Huyghe settled in Melle

Barely four years later, in 1906, he bought the brewery, which he named “Brouwerij-Mouterij den Appel”. During the First World War, several breweries got into trouble, and after the war the brewing-coppers, which the occupying forces had claimed, had to be replaced as quickly as possible. (Nowadays, one of those coppers hangs above the bar in the museum as a kind of decorating dome).Barely four years later, in 1906, he bought the brewery, which he named “Brouwerij-Mouterij den Appel”. During the First World War, several breweries got into trouble, and after the war the brewing-coppers, which the occupying forces had claimed, had to be replaced as quickly as possible. (Nowadays, one of those coppers hangs above the bar in the museum as a kind of decorating dome).

In 1936 the construction of a new complex started along the Geraardbergsesteenweg. This building will accommodate the new brewery as of 1939 onwards.

The brew room is still the pride of the brewery. In 1938 the name “Den Appel” was replaced by brewery Leon Huyghe Ltd.

In 1939, the new buildings along the Geraardsbergsensteenweg were finished. They contain the new brewery-hall, which is still the pride of the brewery.In 1939, the new buildings along the Geraardsbergsensteenweg were finished. They contain the new brewery-hall, which is still the pride of the brewery.